This house is the official residence of the Commissioner of the King in the province of Utrecht. It owes its name to Adriaen Florisz, born in Utrecht in 1459, who was elected Pope (Adrian VI) one year before his death. The history of the building complex dates back to the 14th century. Paushuize is located within the immunity of the chapter of St. Peter, which was abolished in 1811. Since 1954, it has been primarily used for representative purposes. The statue in the gable – St. Salvator with the globe – reminds us that Adriaen was the provost of the chapter of St. Salvator since 1514. The arched bridge and the entrance gate date from 1633.